DaVinci Resolve is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production and now visual effects all in one software tool. You get unlimited creative flexibility because DaVinci Resolve makes it easy for individual artists to explore different toolsets. It also lets you collaborate and bring people with different creative talents together. With a single click, you can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio. Plus, you never have to export or translate files between separate software tools because, with DaVinci Resolve, everything is in the same software application.
DaVinci Resolve is the only post production software designed for true collaboration. Multiple editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a larger collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and is used for finishing more Hollywood feature films, episodic television programing and TV commercials than any other software.
DaVinci Resolve 16.2.1 changelog:
- Support for decoding H.265 4:4:4 12-bit on supported NVIDIA GPUs.
- Support for encoding H.265 4:4:4 12-bit on supported NVIDIA GPUs.
- Support for encoding 32 bit float audio in QuickTime clips.
- Support for trimming QuickTime audio clips during media management.
- Support for Metal based R3D decode with the RED 7.3 RC SDK.
- Support for double clicking drp files in Windows and Linux.
- Support for performing open with on FCP7 XML files on Windows.
- Improved decode support of H.265 4:4:4 clips up to 10-bit.
- Improved performance with ProRes clips on high end CPUs.
- Improved performance with DNxHR clips on high end CPUs.
- Improved playback performance with compressed OpenEXR clips.
- Improved performance for Dolby Vision analysis.
- Improved stability on Windows systems with Intel graphics.
- Addressed an issue with clean feed previews in Mac 10.15.4.
- Addressed an issue with decoding phone camera clips with AAC audio.
- Addressed an issue with truncated node labels on some displays.
- Addressed issues with HDR tone mapping when using adjustment layers.
- Addressed an issue with the sync bin work working with an empty timeline.
- Addressed an issue with transitions when dragging clips across timelines.
- Multiple performance and stability improvements. [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware