foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
foobar2000 1.4.1 (wip) changelog:
- Better error message when trying to open M4A file renamed to .aac.
- Added %video_codec% info for Matroska and MP4 files.
- Added support for PCM audio in MP4 container.
- Made mouse wheel work in playlist view during a drag&drop operation.
- Improved handling of classical music metadata for iTunes M4A files.
- Added %bitspersample_extra% info to tell between int32/float32 PCM files.
- Added support for ID3v2 iTunes Grouping field.
- Converter: advanced-preferences option to encode to temp folder and move encoded-and-tagged files to the intended destination.
- Made tag update operations not fail when another application has the file open for reading.
- Corrected wrong bitrate shown for FLAC in Matroska container.
- Corrected labels for F13-F24 keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixed bugs with ReplayGain Scanner's automatic resampling of high sample rate content.
- Bumped maximum allowed sample rate to deal with DSD1024 content.
- Made Media Library respect 'include hidden files & folders' setting in Advanced Preferences.
- Converter with “don't reset DSP between tracks” now respects DSP-reported latency for proper handling of gapless albums.
- PPHS resampler bug fixes (inaccurate reported latency, crashing with extreme sample rates).
- Fixed ReplayGain scan results showing zero peaks on near-silent 24-bit files.
- New and improved buffering scheme for improved network streaming performance (ported from foobar2000 mobile).
- Internet radio handling regressions from 1.4 fixed; added an Advanced Preferences setting for ShoutCast metadata codepage.
- Fixed component auto update on Windows XP (1.4 regression).
- Added an Advanced Preferences option to toggle asymmetric search, reverting search behaviors to 1.3 style.
- Added title formatting fields for showing track/album peaks as decibel values.
- Improved status feedback from batch attach album art tool.
- Pressing “next” past the end of playlist now restarts the playlist even without “repeat” mode.
- Made Converter “copy other files” feature respect parent folder (..\pattern) references.
- Added EXTM3U info writing (enabled via advanced preferences).
- Added 5.1 and 7.1 upmix DSPs.
- (beta 2) Deleting the currently playing files no longer shows error popups (1.4 regression).
- (beta 2) Fixed repaint glitches in media library search edit box.
- (beta 3) Updated Opus decoder to latest libopus 1.3.
- (beta 3) Fixed a bug causing poor Default UI playlist performance with tens of thousands of item.
- (beta 3) Fixed incompatibility with certain HTTP servers causing music files to fail to play from those servers.
- (beta 3) Internet radio regression fixes.
- (beta 3) Made DSP presets in the toolbar sorted.
Changes in v1.4.1 Beta 2:
- Reworked batch attach album art dialog once again, no more obtrusive popups.
- Internet radio codec info reported correctly again (beta 1 regression).
- Repaint glitches with editbox/buttons of Media Library Search have been fixed.
- Deleting the now playing track no longer shows error messages about missing file (1.4 regression).
foobar2000 1.4.1 Beta 3 changelog:
- Now using libopus v1.3
- Fixed a bug in Default UI playlist causing poor performance with tens of thousands of items.
- Fixed incompatibility with certain HTTP servers, causing music files to fail to play from them with "object not seekable" message.
- Fixed some more Internet radio metadata regressions.
- Made DSP presets sorted in the toolbar dropdown list.
Changes in v1.4.1 Beta 4:
- Fixed Default UI toolbar DSP switcher regressions from beta 3.
- Added missing status bar "show selected track count" menu item description in Default UI.
Changes in v1.4.1 Beta 5:
- Workaround for the disappearing-window bug on Windows 10 1809. [ details ] This is still a Windows bug, not ours.
- Made technical info shown properly for various Ogg internet radio streams (Vorbis, FLAC, Opus).
- Attempted fixes for reported proxy server bugs, added debug logging for proxy server detection.
- Fixed PPHS resampler regression resulting in poor ReplayGain scan performance for some users.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware