On Sunday, HMD Global unveiled the Nokia 7 Plus smartphone at MWC 2018, hosted in Barcelona. The Android One smartphone has been pitched towards ‘creators’; it includes dual rear cameras using Zeiss optics and includes a Bothie feature which allows you to snap a shot from both the front and back camera at the same time. The handset has a 6-inch 18:9 display.
The Nokia 7 Plus has the following specifications:
- Display: 6-inch full-HD+ (1080 x 2160 px) IPS display, 18:9 ratio, made from Corning Gorilla Glass with a 500-nits peak brightness rating.
- Operating system: Android Oreo, Nokia promise fast updates to all its devices and keeps the OS un-skinned.
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC.
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM.
- Cameras: Dual rear camera comprising of a 12MP wide-angle primary camera with an f/1.75 aperture, and 1.4-micron pixels, as well as a 13MP camera with a f/2.6 aperture, 1-micron pixels, and 2x optical zoom. The rear cameras use Zeiss optics and are accompanied by a dual-tone LED flash. The front camera is 16MP with a fixed focus, f/2.0 aperture, 1-micron pixels, and Zeiss optics.
- Storage: 64GB ROM, expandable via microSD card up to 256GB.
- Other: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/AGPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0), 3.5mm audio jack, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and a rear-facing fingerprint sensor.
- Speaker: Single speaker with a smart amplifier and Nokia spatial audio with three mics.
- Battery: 3800mAh.
- Dimensions: 158.38x75.64x7.99mm.
The Nokia 7 Plus has a price tag of $490 or €399, excluding taxes and subsidies. That price was given by HMD Global as an average, global, retail price; it may fluctuate where you are. It will go on sale in early April in black and white colour variants.