Microsoft released the first Xbox One 19H2 build to Insiders in the Preview Alpha Skip Ahead ring back earlier last month. The strings for the build contained the “19H2HOLD” verbiage, indicating that it was part of the next major Xbox One version that is slated to be released sometime in October this year.
However, even though the 19H2 release is meant to be a minor one for Windows 10, the build numbers between the PC and Xbox One for the first time differed by a bit. Today, version 1910 build 18363.7094 is being released to the Preview Alpha Skip Ahead and Preview Alpha rings, which interestingly drop the “19H2HOLD” reference from the build string, indicating a possibility that the 1910 Update would indeed not be part of the 19H2 release. The previous Skip Ahead build from two days ago contained the 19H2 mention as well.
The Alpha Skip Ahead ring is usually reserved for the next major versions of the OS, while the rest of the rings are for minor Xbox One versions that are released leading to the major update. Today’s build will be the first 1910 update to hit the Preview Alpha ring – meaning both Skip Ahead and Alpha are on the same builds.
As for today’s update, there is just one fix in tow:
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
Here are the known issues:
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Some users using default audio settings with an audio setup that supports a maximum of 2 channels and Dolby Digital and NO headset connected will experience audio distortion when they start their console.
- Workaround: Navigate to Settings>Display & sound>Audio output and set the HDMI audio to Stereo Uncompressed.
- Some users have reported that when the content does not load when they attempt to open a new Message or Notification/Alert that appears on the dashboard or in the Guide.
- Note: If you encounter this issue, be sure to indicate whether it was a Message or a Notification/Alert that was not loading content in your feedback description.
- Customers attempting to change their GT using the new Gamertag features on the console will not yet see those changes reflected on the console.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console
It must also be noted that the company has not detailed any new major features yet. The new dashboard experience is also being tested by some insiders, but as to what release the improvements would make it to, there's no information for now. Similarly, it is currently not known if the 1910 builds will be re-enrolled into the 19H2 branch, or what the version number for the next major release will be. It’s best to wait for more communication from the company.