At Build 2020, Microsoft announced new features for PowerToys and pushed the 0.18 update to users. The new update added features such as Keyboard Remapper and PowerToys Run to the app.
Today the tech giant has released another update for PowerToys, bumping up the version to 0.18.1. The latest update is just an incremental patch that aims to address bugs in the app. The patch includes fixes for Keyboard Manager and PowerToys Run, as well as fixes for the Chrome tab regression issue.
Here's the full changelog for the update:
- #3504 - FancyZones - Chrome tab regression
- #2259 - PowerToys Run - result / searching focus issue
- #3116 - PowerToys Run - updated term to packaged vs uwp
- #3128 - PowerToys Run - increase weight of exact match
- #3209 - PowerToys Run - Search pulling localized paths versus actual paths
- #3215 - PowerToys Run - Will not run as admin even if Runner is elevated
- #3227 - Keyboard manager - Will not run as admin even if Runner is elevated
- #3147 - Keyboard manager - Adjusted terms for remapping shortcuts to clarify which side maps to which
If you are using PowerToys on Windows 10 then you can head to the PowerToys release page to download the latest update. You can also check out the PowerToys GitHub page if you want to contribute to the project. Microsoft PowerToys has been receiving regular updates and it will be interesting to see what features Microsoft plans to bring to the app in the future.