mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
mIRC 7.55 has been released! (February 8th 2019)
This version of mIRC is primarily a security release. mIRC users are advised to upgrade due to a security issue that may allow someone to trigger a remote code execution vulnerability in some situations. This issue affects all versions of mIRC. This update also includes changes and fixes to a number of features:
- Fixed /onotice and related commands not working correctly in some contexts.
- Fixed Clear History log files option not deleting empty nested folders in logs folder.
- Fixed $sha1()/$hmac() bug that caused &binvar data to be overwritten.
- Added $zip() identifier that adds support for AES encrypted ZIP files.
- Extended $rand() to allow negative number values and changed RNG algorithm.
- Added $rands() identifier that returns a cryptographically secure random number.
- Fixed $hfind() not reporting an error when the called alias returns an error.
- Fixed $asctime() 'z' bug to work with non-standard offset timezones.
- Extended IRCv3 support for CAP NEW to request supported tokens automatically.
- Fixed RCE vulnerability affecting all versions of mIRC (CVE-2019-6453).
- Added $notify().sound2 property to return offline sound.
- Updated CA root certificates cacert.pem file.
- Fixed "Show nicks on join" option not working correctly.
- For a more detailed list of recent changes, please see the whatsnew.txt file.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware