mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
mIRC 7.73 changelog:
- Updated OpenSSL library to v3.0.9.
- Updated CA root certificates cacert.pem file.
- Fixed Do Not Disturb bug that caused mIRC to crash/freeze.
- Improved how the keep channels open feature works in different contexts.
- Fixed /cnick auto-color as * parameter bug.
- Extended SASL authentication to support IRCv3 >=400 byte base64 chunks.
- Added /drawsave -v[pgj] switch to save bitmap to &binvar in different formats.
- Added $encode()/$decode() 'v' switch to support Z85 encoding.
- Improved Find dialog in Scripts Editor.
- Fixed while/if script parser bugs.
- Added support for IRCv3 standard-replies capability.
- Extended numerics 338 and 344 to handle different ircd formats.
- For a full list of recent changes, please see the versions.txt file.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware