mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
mIRC 7.74 changelog:
- Added per server option to connect/minimize on startup.
- Added clear history on close option that clears history when mIRC is closed.
- Added support for IRCv3 extended-monitor tag.
- Changed MONITOR to take priority if server has both MONITOR and WATCH listed.
- Added support for IRCv3 typing client tag and typing notifications.
- Fixed add/edit server dialog bug with comma-separated port numbers.
- Fixed /drawpic -v initialization bug.
- Fixed Do Not Disturb option hiding windows in some contexts.
- Changed SSL certificate loading method due to slow-down in OpenSSL v3.x.x.
- Fixed View Menubar option bug when in full screen mode.
- For a full list of recent changes, please see the versions.txt file.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware