Media Player Classic - BE is a free and open source audio and video player for Windows. Media Player Classic - BE is based on the original "Media Player Classic" project (Gabest) and "Media Player Classic Home Cinema" project (Casimir666), contains additional features and bug fixes. The BE mod (Black Edition Mod) is a skinned version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, much better looking than the plain old MPC.
MPC-BE 1.5.3 changelog:
- Added support for metadata written in json format.
- Improved chapter support.
- Fixed playback of very small files.
- Added support for Xunlei XV files.
- Added support for mixed H.264 3D MVC streams.
- The initial size of the read data for local files is increased to 60 megabytes if there is a HEVC stream in the PMT.
- Added support for MPEG-PS with mu-law streams.
- Improved navigation on files with corrupted blocks.
- Added support for the 'r210' video codec for MOV files.
- Added support for trimming the frame (atom 'clap').
- Added support for MP4 dash files, with separate segments for each track.
- Added support for Avid DNxHR video ('AVdh').
- Added color space support (atom 'colr').
- Added support for HDR Light Level (atom 'clli').
- Added support for HDR metadata (atom 'mdcv').
- Added full support for DAV (DHAV) files.
- Always decode DTS Express streams to PCM.
- Improved DTS-HD HRA bitstream compatibility.
- Improved TrueHD+Atmos bitstream.
- Added MLP bitstream.
- Changed the format of the brightness, contrast, hue and saturation.
- The filter built into the player is now only connected for DVD-Video. In other cases, for MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 MPCVideoDec will be connected.
- Removed option "H264 deblocking disable method".
- Added option "Skip B-frames".
- Corrected row order when converting RGR to RGB32.
- Added support for AVrp codec (Avid 1: 1 10-bit RGB Packer).
- Improved support for getting color space from the upstream filter.
- Added support for the HuffYUV MT codec ('HYMT').
- Added patch, any I-frame in the H.264 stream is defined as a keyframe. This speeds up navigation on some files.
- Added support for "Mirillis FIC" video ('FICV').
- Updated Intel MVC decoder.
- Accelerated decoding AV1. Now dav1d v0.2.0 library is used.
- Added support for Avid DNxHR video ('AVdh').
- Added support for 'Y1  ' (16-bit gray).
- Removed direct support for planar RGB48, now planar RGB are supported only through MEDIASUBTYPE_LAV_RAWVIDEO.
- Fixed status display during bitstream and audio track switching in the player.
- The buffer size is calculated more correctly when the DTS-HD is used.
- The option "Do not check format support" has been expanded.
- Changed the mechanism and synchronization settings.
- Improved the quality of screenshots of anamorphic frames.
- Correction shaders are also used when creating screenshots and thumbnails.
- The size of very large subtitles is limited, otherwise they are incorrectly displayed.
- Updated support for Youtube.
- Correct the output of unsupported characters.
- Improved work with youtube-dl.
- Improved work with live broadcasts.
- Fixed FlyBar when choosing Hebrew translation.
- Improved definition of the choice of the main video when opening a Blu-Ray structure.
- Added the ability to assign a hotkey to the "Open Iso image" command.
- Improved automatic display mode switching. When the display is turned off, the settings are not lost.
- The page "variables.html" of the web-interface has been improved.
- Playlist now supports dark theme. Improved playlist rendering at high DPI.
- Fixed the operation of the button for resetting the list of media types for filters loaded on the file path (not registered in the system).
- Fixed the "Exclusive fullscreen" option when switching via "FlyBar".
- Added "dark" menu.
- Fixed the calculation of the window size when the "Limit window proportions on resize" option is active and the active playlist stuck to the left or right.
- Added the ability to increase the font size in the playlist.
- Added a command to get MediaInfo data in the playlist menu.
- Improved shuffle algorithm.
- The AC3 / DTS format group and the DTS / AC3 filter group are divided into the AC3 and DTS / DTS-HD groups.
- Added support for ".dtsma", ".eac3" and ".weba" extensions.
- The ability to save up to 1000 bookmarks for media files is returned.
- Added support for the option "Allow Windows to fix blur in applications", which appeared in Windows 10.
- Settings item "Null (compressed)" renamed to "Null (any)".
- Implemented getting the disk name from the file "BDMV\META\DL\bdmt_eng.xml".
- Increased buffer size for open file dialog.
- Added the ability to use multiple playlists. Added new "Explorer" playlist type.
- Added the ability to search in the playlist.
- Added support for BMP format for audio covers.
- ffmpeg git-n4.2-dev-1150-g391f884675;
- dav1d git-0.2.1-12-gbd12b1e;
- libflac git-1.3.2-98-g421961f0;
- libpng git-v1.6.36-805-g8439534da;
- Little-CMS git-lcms2.9-29-gb5b36cd;
- MediaInfo git-v18.12-100-ga0d9b962;
- rapidjson git-v1.1.0-461-gbfdcf491;
- ZenLib git-v0.4.37-34-g641e243;
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware