MSEdgeRedirect 0.7.3.0 is now available for download from GitHub. This popular third-party tool can fix Microsoft's stubborn unwillingness to unpair Edge from various parts of Windows 10 and 11, such as Windows Widgets or Search. The latest release resolves the situation when the app requires updating the IFEO file after every Microsoft Edge update. In addition, there are several other improvements and fixes.
Here is what is new in MSEdgeRedirect 0.7.3.0:
- Fixed PDF handling
- Updated Submodule code
- Fixed issues with Regex case-sensitivity
- Added "Default" option for PDF handler
- Fixes issues with NoMoreEdge detection
- Add Warning if Installer fails to copy files
- Fixed Windows Notifications not being handled
- Fixes issues for users with non-C: Windows Installs
- Fixed Edge Case in which MSEdgeRedirect might infinitely loop
- Temporarily removed /update command line option. This will be improved in 0.8.0.0
- Swapped to a directory junction for IFEO passthrough. Permanently fixes asking to update IFEO file!
MSEdgeRedirect is still in beta, so users should expect more changes in the upcoming updates. According to the roadmap published in the project's GitHub repository, version 0.8.0.0 will bring per-user activation mode and overhauled installer/updater. The release should land somewhere this spring. As for the summer, MSEdgeRedirect developers plan to redo the UI and update their documentation. Finally, version 18.104.22.168 will bring refactored code and a release on portableapps.com by the end of the summer.