After originally unveiling its OMEN gaming brand a couple of years ago, HP has come back to the table and announced a number of new gaming-focused devices today. Among these are two notebooks, a desktop and a new gaming display.
The new OMEN gaming laptops come in two sizes, with varying internals based on your needs. Whichever configuration you chose though, HP wants to make sure you have a good gaming and VR-ready experience. That being said the company did compromise on the actual design of the laptops, opting for plastic casings instead of metal. In terms of actual specs the laptops come with:
- Display: 15.6 inches or 17.3 inches
- Resolution 1080p or 2160p ( 3840 x 2160)
- CPU: 6th gen Intel Core Processor from i3 @ 2.7 Ghz up to i7 @2.6 Ghz
- Ram: Up to 16GB DDR4
- GPU: From Intel HD 530 up to Nvidia GeForce GTX 965M with 4 GB memory
- Storage: Up to 512 GB PCIe SSD / Up to 2TB HDD / Up to 1TB SSHD, 8GB NAND
- Ports: 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, HDMI, RJ-45,
- Camera: Up to Intel RealSense 3D camera on USB 3.0
- Fast charging with up to 10 hours of battery life
Moving on the desktop side of things, the OMEN desktop gaming rig is designed with VR in mind, packing everything it needs to support the HTC Vive VR and the Oculus Rift headsets. In terms of specs it comes with:
- CPU: 6th Gen Intel Core i5 or i7
- RAM: Up to 32GB
- Storage: Up to 3TB HDD/ 512GB PCIe SSD
- GPU: Up to Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founder’s Edition or AMD Radeon R9 390X
- Liquid cooling optional
Finally, if you want to show off what your new gaming rig can do, you can also spring for HP’s new OMEN 32-inch display, that supports QHD resolution (2560 x 1440).
In terms of pricing, the OMEN laptops start at $899.99 and will be available on HP’s own site starting July 10th. The OMEN desktop is expected to ship sometime in August and will start at $999.99. Lastly the OMEN display will ship in August as well, but there’s no pricing information available just yet.