The Xbox 360 hasn't been the main focus of gaming news since the Xbox One was released back in 2013. Outside of the monthly Games with Gold promotion, you'll be hard-pressed to catch many headlines regarding the decade-old console. However, the Xbox 360 has just picked up an update that owners started receiving this morning.
Xbox 360 users that opted in to the new preview program have had the chance to experience much of what this update has to offer, which includes:
- Larger external USB hard drives – Plug in any external USB hard drive up to 2 TB to store your Xbox 360 downloads, profile, saved games, and other data.
- Purchase history – To view your recent purchases, go to Settings > Account >Purchase History.
- Password reset - You can now reset your password by selecting Forgot your password? at sign-in.
- Network statistics - View download speed, upload speed, and signal strength, go to Settings> System > Network Settings. Select your network, and then choose Network Statistics.
- See your money - Your Microsoft account balance now appears in the top-right corner of the Xbox Dashboard. To turn it off, go to Settings > Profile > Account Security.
To get the update, simply power on your Xbox 360 and make sure you're signed in to Xbox Live. A prompt to update should pop up shortly thereafter.
Source: Major Nelson