Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 8.4 changelog:
- Update Scintilla from v4.4.6 to v5.2.1 and add Lexilla v5.1.5. (Fix #10504)
- Enhance dark mode support (Shortcut Mapper, autocompletion, calltip, Column Editor and Style configurator, Preferences dialog, etc…) (Fix #11530, #11522, #11407, #11514, #11506, #11497)
- Fix lossing characters issue after case-conversion (UPPER/lower). (Fix #11463)
- Fix “Sort Lines as Integer” not considering negative number issue. (Fix #11023, #2025)
- Sort languages alphabetically automatically in Style Configurator. (Fix #11337)
- Fix flashing box (autocompletion empty list) appears while typing issue. (Fix #9433)
- Scrolling Document List automatically to make the selected tab item visible. (Fix #11204)
- Make Find in Files search result line number aligned. (Fix #11119)
- Add default A-Z sorting ability in Function list. (Fix #11446)
- Add virtual space ability. (Fix #11443, #11444)
- Fix document being wronly marked as saved bug after converting its encoding. (Fix #11436)
- Fix Document list not sync with tab order after sorting. (Fix #11272)
- Fix file saving critical bug under Symantec encryption desktop. (Fix #11339)
- Fix cropped text in Shortcut mapper’s status area issue. (Fix #10358)
- Enhance installer: Remember the chosen language in the previous installation. (Implement #10582)
- Improve Find/Replace Dialog layout. (Fix #11318)
- Update NSIS & Inno Setup keyword lists.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware