PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
- Create 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, PAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, TAR, UPX, WIM, ZIP files
- Open and extract over 180 archive types, including ACE, ISO, RAR, UDF, ZIPX files
- Archive managemet: extract, create and convert multiple archives at once, create sfx archives, split and merge files, save job definition as script
- File management: advanced search, navigation and bookmarking features, find duplicate files, calculate checksums and hashes
- Security: strong encryption with two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure deletion
- Available both for Windows and Linux in portable and installable version
PeaZip 5.7.1 release notes:
- PeaZip 5.7.1 improves the address breadcrumb, now displaying also in-archive paths for quick navigation, introduces support for creation of split self-extracting archives, and updates file spanning pre-sets adding 25BG Blu-Ray support.
- The release comes with 7z 15.05 backend (9.38.1 on Linux), and UNRAR5 plugin available both for Windows and Linux.
- Under the hood, the application was compiled with updated math/crypto libraries, using Lazarus 1.4.0 IDE; Windows installer was built with InnoSetup 5.5.6 unicode version, and updated to improve integration with Windows 10 and 8.1 systems.
- 183 file extensions are now supported.
Changes in PeaZip 5.7.1:
- Breadcrumb can display in-archive paths for quick browsing
Extraction and archiving
- Added option to customize timestamp style (Options > Settings > Archive Manager)
- Added option to split self extracting archives in 7z format
- split sfx archives will result in a small extraction executable, and n volumes of desired size
- spanning sfx archive allows to prevent the resulting archive being larger of the maximum executable size allowed for the target OS
- to extract a split sfx archive, place extraction executable and all volumes in the same directory
- extraction executable will start pre-set extraction procedure without need of external software
- alternatively, volume with .001 extension can be opened with an external archiver to browse/extract the entire archive
- Updated file split pre-sets
- added 25 GB Blu-Ray pre-set size
- custom pre-set size modified in 100 MB
- assumed lower, more fail-safe pre-set maximum size values for disk formats, to improve compatibility with most supports
- Updated to Innosetup 5.5.6, switched to unicode installer, improved Windows 10 / 8.1 support