Roku has a wide selection when it comes to streaming devices. Its latest pair of streaming stricks - the Premiere and Premiere+ - offer 4K streaming starting at just $39.99. This is the company's most affordable streaming hardware yet, delivering HD, 4K Ultra HD, or 4K HDR at a very decent price point.
Although 4K content isn't as widely adopted, more and more consumers are purchasing displays capable of the standard, thanks to lower-priced options being available on the market. Some of the lower tier models may not offer a connected solution, but Roku now makes it possible to add it with minimal financial investment thanks to its Premiere and Premiere+ media streaming devices. Roku even offers a '4K Spotlight Channel' to get things rolling, allowing users to gain easy access to 4K content.
The Roku Premiere and Roku Premiere+ are identical when it comes to features, with the main difference being that latter costs ten dollars more, but will include a remote with voice capability. It will also have the ability to control the power and volume of your TV and will be sold exclusively through Walmart.
Roku Premiere Features:
- Clear, immersive picture quality in HD, 4K Ultra HD and 4K HDR
- Powerful quad-core processor
- Low profile form factor
- Includes Premium high-speed HDMI cable
- Easy to use remote with channel shortcut buttons
- 802.11 (b/g/n)
- Dolby® and DTS Digital Surround™ pass through over HDMI®
- Roku Premiere+ includes everything Roku Premiere offers plus:
- Voice remote with TV power & volume buttons
The Roku Premiere and Premiere+ are available for pre-order from the Roku website starting today, and will be available through major retailers starting in October.