ShareX is an open source program that lets you take screenshots or screencasts of any selected area with a single key, save them in your clipboard, hard disk or instantly upload them to over 80 different file hosting services such as Imgur, FTP, Dropbox, Mega and Pastebin.
User can select any or all of these tasks to be automatically run after each screen capture:
- Add image effects: User can choose from over 37 image effects and apply multiple image effects and apply them to an image.
- Add watermark: Adds customizable text/image watermark to image.
- Annotate image: Using Greenshot image editor to annotate image.
- Copy image to clipboard: Copies image to clipboard.
- Print image: Be able to print images with printer device.
- Save image to file: Saves image as file with user’s preferred image format.
- Save image to file as: Shows file dialog before saving so user can select where to write file to.
- Save thumbnail image to file: Saves resized image as file.
- Copy file to clipboard: Copies image file to clipboard.
- ...and more.
Additional tools to make certain tasks more efficient:
- Screen color picker: As the name suggests, allows user to retrieve the color from anywhere on the screen and provide values of Hue, Saturation, Brightness, and RGB.
- Ruler: Allows user to get X, Y, width, height, distance and angle information on screen.
- FTP client: Opens a basic FTP client user interface for the currently configured FTP account.
- Hash check: Allows user to check/compare file hash values.
- Index folder: Allows user to share the index of a folder contents by uploading the index of the selected folder as text, html or xml.
- Image editor: Based on Greenshot image editor. It offers functions such as ability to add annotations, highlighting or obfuscations to the screenshot.
- Image effects: Allows to apply over 37 different image effects with their own settings to image. Edited images can be saved in PNG or other formats.
- Monitor test: Allows user to render different colors on the screen which provides user the opportunity to test for bleeding and dead pixels on LCD monitors.
- DNS changer: Allows user to quickly change computer DNS settings with popular DNS servers such as Google DNS.
- QR code: Open QR code window which user can enter text to get QR code of it. User can copy QR code image to user’s clipboard or save as file.
- Tweet message: Allows user to post message to Twitter.
ShareX 13.5.0 changelog:
- In task settings window, moved toast notification and sound settings from advanced tab to newly added notifications tab
- Added drag and drop file support to toast notification (by @Craftplacer)
- Added “Copy file” and “Copy file path” notification click actions
- UI improvements to hotkey settings window
- Added option to automatically cleanup old backup and log files
- Removed “Test” tab from custom uploader settings window. It is now a separate window which can be used in different places
- Removed “Response” tab from custom uploader settings window. Both request and response contents are now in the same panel with scroll bar. You can maximize window to see all contents directly
- Added inspect window tool
- Added “Auto fill background” option to image combiner tool
- Added rotate flip option to “Image” image effect
- Added dash style option to “Border” image effect
- Updated Zero Width Shortener API to v2, which now supports custom hosting
- Actions now use $ prefix instead of % for input and output. New prefix will not add quotes around file path to give more control to user
- Created example actions web page: https://getsharex.com/actions
- Added “UseAlternativeClipboardGetImage” option to application settings advanced tab, which lets getting image from clipboard with alpha channel
- Added ability to use roman numerals in step annotation tool (by @EdwardSierra)
- Support lowercase step letters and roman numerals
- Added Vault.ooo file uploader (by @shjonas)
- When hotkeys are disabled, show enable hotkeys button in hotkey settings window
- ShareX uninstaller will now prompt to close ShareX on behalf of the user if it is currently running
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware