Sony has rolled out the beta for Keiji, the nickname for firmware update 5.50 on the PlayStation 4. Users who signed up for the beta and were accepted will be getting an email on how to start playing with all the new features coming in this version.
Among the things that users will get to try:
- Play Time Management: A way for parents and guardians to monitor and set time limits on often children play the PS4.
- Library UI changes
- This PS4 tab: Shows all apps installed on the system.
- Name/Avatar tab: Lists all apps purchased with your PSN ID.
- PS Plus tab: Shows what free monthly games you have from PS Plus, and whether your account has expired.
- Hide Apps: Some apps can be hidden from the purchased tab, such as betas and demos.
- Quick Menu Enhancements: Includes changes to the friends tab and how you listen to music.
- Background Music on PS Now: listen to music while streaming.
- Notifications Update: A new ability to delete notifications for better organization.
- Import Custom Wallpapers via USB: Go to Settings > Themes > Select Theme > Custom > Select Image > USB Storage Device.
- Customize Tournaments Team Pages: Import your team logo and background.
- Supersampling mode on PS4 Pro: Enhances the HDTV experience for users.
Source: PlayStation Blog
Don't forget to follow us @NeowinGaming on Twitter to keep up to date with our gaming coverage!