µTorrent is a small and incredibly popular BitTorrent client.
Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in µTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, µTorrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 22.214.171.124 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
µTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.
Skinnable and Localized
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. µTorrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn't available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
Actively Developed and Improved
The developer puts in a lot of time working on features and making things more user-friendly. Releases only come out when they're ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed.
- Fix: dynamic upload slots now take overhead into account
- Fix: fixed uTP reply_micro initialization bug
- Fix: running under wine again
- Fix: store checked for updates too often
- Fix: don't auto-update apps when they are disabled
- Fix: re-binding udp sockets after closing preferences caused slowdown on Win 7
- Fix: fixed and tuned PMTU discovery for uTP
- Fix: search box flickers when it should be hidden
- Fix: fixed exploit with open containing folder
Download: µTorrent 2.2.1 25302 | 390 KB Freeware
View: µTorrent Website