Every month or so, Twitter releases a list with a roundup of the updates made to its PWA experience over the past few weeks. The changelog for June is available today, and it includes a couple of new features, but also some sad news if you're still using Internet Explorer. In terms of new features, there's newly-added support for tweet drafts, which can be saved for later. This feature was announced separately late last month and should already be available to most users.
Another major new feature is the new quick access panel for DMs. For a small number of users on widescreen displays, it should be possible to access your messages from a panel in the bottom right of the page, without leaving the current page. Another new feature is the ability to customize Lists with a custom banner image.
There is some less positive news, though, with the Twitter website no longer supporting Internet Explorer 11 officially. Officially supported browsers include Edge, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and any Chromium-based browsers.
There are also some updates to existing features, including some that revolve around last month's addition of a timeline for retweets with comments. Here's what's changed:
- Lists: Find new accounts to add to your Lists quickly with the suggested accounts tab. Find it under manage members when editing your List.
- Navigation: You can now use a middle mouse button to open links in new tabs quickly and easily.
- Retweets with comments: After launching the Retweets with comments timeline last month, we’ve made some updates! We’re now including counts for Retweets with and without comments on all timelines. We’re also testing a variation on the “Retweets” label on the Tweet detail page to make it more obvious when there are Retweets with comments, so keep an eye out!
Finally, there are some bug fixes as usual. Here's what's been fixed:
- Account Registration: Fixed an issue preventing movement through the registration flow when attempting to reuse a previously entered password.
- Emoji Picker: Fixed an issue where opening the emoji picker on Firefox broke the Tweet and DM composers.
- Lists: Twemoji will now render properly on the List detail screen.
- Media Upload: Attempting to upload media we don’t support or non-media files will no longer leave you in a bad state.
- Media Upload: Fixed a bug where videos could fail to upload randomly sometimes.
- Tweet Compose: Using the Cmd/Ctrl + Enter keyboard shortcut when the composer is in an invalid state will no longer attempt sending the Tweet.
- Tweet Compose: When adding Tweets to a thread you’ve started on mobile, the composer will no longer scroll you too far up the thread.
- User Profile: Previously, if a user’s Name and Display Name were the same, the “Follows you” indicator on the user’s profile page or profile hovercard wouldn’t be shown. It will now display.
These updates tend to roll out to users gradually, so you may need to wait a little longer before the new features show up, or you may have had them for a while now.