UK PlayStation 3 hardware sales plummet 82%

Last week, Chart Track revealed that the PlayStation 3 had sold 165,000 units in the first two days following the launch, making it the fastest-selling home console in the UK. The second week in UK Sales of the PlayStation 3 have dropped dramatically, with official Chart Track figures revealing a fall of 82% - a spokesperson for Chart Track confirmed the figure. This week's software charts revealed that sales of the top two PlayStation 3 titles, Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm, had dropped by over 60%. Chart Track data is gathered from 7000 UK retail outlets representing 90% of the software market, including GAME, Gamestation, Play.com, Asda and HMV. Even if the remaining 10% had extremely solid sales, the numbers just don't add up. It would appear that the first week sales spurt in the UK was simply due to Sony providing a solid supply this time around.

Link: Forum Discussion (Thanks Spartan_X)
News source: GamesIndustry.biz

Report a problem with article
Next Article

FCC imposes rules to prevent pretexting

Previous Article

XMPlay 3.4

51 Comments - Add comment

Advertisement