Avast Free Antivirus 2016 offers an antivirus and anti-malware protection, along with features you're most likely to need, but would rather not think about - like one-click system checks, and unwanted toolbar removal. The free home network scanner now detects 12 more types of router vulnerabilities, and a new password manager feature means your antivirus can now save, and encrypt, all your passwords. This edition is FREE OF CHARGE for non-commercial & home use.
avast! Free Antivirus 2016 features and improvements:
New: Avast Passwords: Change bad habits like storing passwords on your browser, or reusing the same password. Avast's new password manager creates unique, unbreakable passwords for all your accounts - yet only asks you to remember one.
Improved Home Network Security: Even better protection, for everything on your home network. Avast 2016 detects 12 more types of router vulnerabilities so you can keep your printers, network drives and routers fully secured -- in just a click.
Improved Antivirus and anti-malware: We continue to improve the world's most-trusted antivirus and anti-malware engines to keep you better protected. Using security updates the size of a text message, we distribute updates several times an hour to keep you completely up-to-date.
Browser Cleanup: Why let anyone track your searches, or change your search provider without your permission? Browser Cleanup gets rid of any bad add-ons and unwanted toolbars, so you can restore the settings you like.
Improved Secure HTTPS Scanning: Improved WebShield technology allows your Avast to scan all HTTPS sites for malware and threats. And, it whitelists your banking sites and bank certificates too, so that scanning doesn't slow your access one bit.
Smart Scan technology: An all-in-one scan, all in one go. Check your computer's operating status, make sure there are no network threats, malware or viruses, and search for outdated software in just one click. It's the easiest way to stay safe.
Changes in Avast 12.1.2272:
- Lower system impact - faster boot time, less space taken on disk
- CyberCapture - better detection of unknown and unique files via our cloud technology
- Regular monthly program updates - automatic and silent, configurable via Settings
- Improved detection of router vulnerabilities
- New Bank mode in SafeZone browser
- Faster SecureLine connection
- Antispam is now as opt-in component
- Removed hardware virtualization (NG) - replaced with CyberCapture,that has much lower impact on system resources
- Removed Remote assistance - not used enough and not a core functionality