Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Bvckup 2 Release 79.21 changelog:
- Assorted UI tweaks and changes, including faster double-buffered custom control painting, revised and unified color palette (for reds, blues and grays), patched up tabbing order is several dialogs and fixed hints in "Add new filter" window.
- Resolved an issue with handling of a swap file when running out of disk space during the copying phase of backup.
- Resolved an issue with logging of missed-a-run email alert failures.
- 79.21.1 fixes a small color issue with the Welcome Guide.
- 79.21.2 fixes an issue with progress bars not showing progress during scanning and planning phases.
Note: Keep in mind that the latest revision won't show up via in-app checks for updates if the installation already runs a 79.21 release. Instead it can be downloaded from https://bvckup2.com/update for a manual update.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware