Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Bvckup 2 Release 82.6 changelog:
- Patched an issue with time-relative exclusion rules - in certain cases rules that match item timestamps relative to the current moment, e.g. "now - 5 days", would not correctly match.
- Patched a pair of UI issues with super tall windows that caused the bottom (log) panel to cover the entire window pushing the list of backup jobs out of the view.
- Revised symlink traversal logic.
- Revised scope of the "verify touched files" option. This option will now apply only if the _contents_ of a file were copied or updated and will no longer apply if only file's meta (attributes, timestamps, etc.) were updated.
- Humanized a handful of new Windows error codes. That is, there are now human-readable explanations for certain common failure codes to accompany their numerical values.
Download: Bvckup 2 Release 82.6 | 3.2 MB (Free trial)
View: Bvckup 2 Home Page | Discounts | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment