GnuCash is a personal and small business finance application, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It’s designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. GnuCash allows you to track your income and expenses, reconcile bank accounts, monitor stock portfolios and manage your small business finances. It is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
GnuCash can keep track of your personal finances in as much detail as you prefer. If you are just starting out, use GnuCash to keep track of your checkbook. You may then decide to track cash as well as credit card purchases to better determine where your money is being spent. When you start investing, you can use GnuCash to help monitor your portfolio. Buying a vehicle or a home? GnuCash will help you plan the investment and track loan payments. If your financial records span the globe, GnuCash provides all the multiple-currency support you need.
Between 4.8 and 4.9, the following bugfixes were accomplished:
- Bug 797502 - (RTL) - Right edge of the reports are locked while scrolling down
- Running gnucash in Hebrew, the right edge of the reports are locked while scrolling down and do not scroll with the rest of the report.
- Bug 797618 - Spanish translation of Shares and Stock
- Bug 797678 - OFX importer should supplement, not replace, existing Notes (and Description and Memo) fields
- Add an "Append" checkbox to the bottom of the "Generic import transaction matcher" window to the left of the "Reconcile after match" checkbox. When ticked, this causes the imported Description/Notes to be appended to the matched transaction Description/Notes respectively. The selected ticked/unticked state of the "Append" checkbox is saved in a key value pair for the import account, so the next import for that account will automatically default it to the saved state. As these mods are limited to the code for the matcher window, this should work for all the imports that use it - ie ofx & csv file imports (both tested) & aqbanking (cannot test).
- Bug 797772 - Allow reconciliation report to double filter by both posting and reconciliation date
- Bug 798222 - Account search dialog: Pushing enter does nothing
- Bug 798266 - Dropdown picker menu for category does not appear
- Bug 798313 - "File/Import/Import Transactions From CSV" crashes Gnucash.
- Bug 798320 - Error message indicating a crash of GNUcash when closing application - MacOS 10.15.7 (19H1419)
- Bug 798325 - New Currency for Venezuela (VED)
- Bug 798327 - Ofx import stops too early for multi-account OFX and one account has no new transactions
- Bug 798335 - No longer possible to change trading account
- Strip trading splits only if "Use Trading Accounts" is enabled for the book so that users who want to manage trading accounts by hand may do so.
- Bug 798341 - Right align in Hebrew - Account screen
- Bug 798346 - crashes when running check & repair
- Bug 798352 - Decimal Precision when Entering Mutual Fund Transaction
- Let xaccParseAmount parse up to 12 decimal places instead of 8.
- Bug 798382 - Typo corrections in comments
For a complete list of new features and other changes see the Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware