Kdenlive is an acronym for KDE Non-Linear Video Editor. It works on GNU/Linux, Windows and BSD. Through the MLT framework, Kdenlive integrates many plugin effects for video and sound processing or creation. Furthermore Kdenlive brings a powerful titling tool, a DVD authoring (menus) solution, and can then be used as a complete studio for video creation.
Kdenlive supports all of the formats supported by FFmpeg or libav (such as QuickTime, AVI, WMV, MPEG, and Flash Video, among others), and also supports 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios for both PAL, NTSC and various HD standards, including HDV and AVCHD. Video can also be exported to DV devices, or written to a DVD with chapters and a simple menu.
Video editing features:
- Multi-track editing with a timeline and supports an unlimited number of video and audio tracks.
- A built-in title editor and tools to create, move, crop and delete video clips, audio clips, text clips and image clips.
- Ability to add custom effects and transitions.
- A wide range of effects and transitions. Audio signal processing capabilities include normalization, phase and pitch shifting, limiting, volume adjustment, reverb and equalization filters as well as others. Visual effects include options for masking, blue-screen, distortions, rotations, colour tools, blurring, obscuring and others.
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts and interface layouts.
- Rendering is done using a separate non-blocking process so it can be stopped, paused and restarted.
- Kdenlive also provides a script called the Kdenlive Builder Wizard (KBW) that compiles the latest developer version of the software and its main dependencies from source, to allow users to try to test new features and report problems on the bug tracker.
- Project files are stored in XML format.
- An archiving feature allows exporting a project among all assets into a single folder or compressed archive.
- Built-in audio mixer
Kdenlive 22.04.3 changelog:
The last maintenance release of the 22.04 series is out fixing issues with proxy clips, render panel parameters and timeline scrolling among other minor bugs. Oversized icons on Windows should be normal now and speech to text is working again in the Flatpak version. On Windows all downloads should working now (online resources, title templates, effects, render profile).
- Supplement to “Disable pip on Flatpak (we bundle the deps there)”.
- Fix syntax error.
- [Python Interface] Disable pip on Flatpak (we bundle the deps there).
- Fix type (spotted by erjiang).
- Fix effect parameter spin box incrementing twice on mouse wheel.
- Fix compilation – wrong change committed.
- Fix bug and warning calculating available mix duration when no frame is available.
- [Scene Split] reimplement threshold.
- Fix keyframe view seeking with effect zones.
- Fix timeline playing autoscroll incorrectly enabled.
- Fix timeline scrolling broken after opening a widget from timeline menu, like edit clip duration.
- Fix oversized UI on Windows.
- Fix incorrect encoding in rendered clip name on Windows. Fixes bug #455286
- Fix incorrect ungroup when dragging selection.
- Fix incorrect behavior of external proxies, allow multiple patterns by profile.
- Fixes for external proxies.
- Correctly enable current bin item proxy action after proxy is enabled/disabled in project settings.
- Fix timeline cursor sometimes losing sync with wuler playhead.
- Fix freeze copying proxy clips.
- [Render Presets] Follow ffmpeg defaults.
- Proper rounding for persistant quality slider value.
- [Render Widget] Backend option to set speed default index.
- [Render Widget] Don’t enable “Custom Quality” by default, remember state.
- Fix compilation with Qt
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware