PDF24 PDF Creator installs a virtual printer driver that allows you to convert any printable document or image into PDF format. You can also import documents from your scanner, combine multiple documents into one and delete selected pages from existing PDF files. The program supports creation of secure, digitally signed documents, PDF quality settings, integrated preview, emailing, and more.
You can either drag'n drop documents onto the GUI or convert them from any other program by using the virtual printer driver - simply select the PDF24 printer instead of your regular paper printer.
Advantages of PDF24 PDF Creator:
- Once installed, create PDF files forever
- Free upgrades included
- Conversion is simple and possible from all current programs
- Create PDF files from almost any application
- Easy to use
Several features of PDF24 PDF Creator:
- Merge and split PDF
- Extract pages from a PDF
- Copy pages from one PDF to another PDF
- Integrated preview for easy PDF editing
- Secure a PDF (Prevent from unauthorised opening, printing, etc.)
- Set PDF information such as author and title
PDF24 Creator 11.3.0 changelog:
pdf24.exe backend system starts when together with the toolbox if the backend process is not already started
- If the pdf24.exe backend system is not running, it is started by other PDF24 apps. The PDF24 Toolbox did not do this. This has now been changed so that the Toolbox also starts the pdf24.exe backend system.
- The current version 103.0.1264.49 of Webview2 is now used. How to use the Evergreen version of Windows is described in the manual in the registry settings section.
Installer: More translations added
Installer: Checkboxes for creating the Toolbox/Launcher icons
- The new checkboxes allow you to control which desktop icons should be created. Usually this is an icon for the toolbox. But now the user has the possibility to decide which icons should be created.
Installer: MSI Installer detection integrated
- If another PDF24 installation via MSI already exists, this will now be detected by the EXE installer.
Toolbox: Fixed problem when closing the app
- Closing the application window right after it appeared could result in a process still running in the background. This problem is fixed.
Toolbox: Create bookmarks based on file names
- The Merge PDF and the Images to PDF tool have now received an option to create bookmarks based on file names. Some users have requested such a feature.
- If the bookmark function is used with the Merge PDF Tool, then the Java-based implementation is always used when executing the function, since this feature is only available here.
Toolbox: Problems with merging many PDFs fixed
- The Java-based PDF implementation had a problem merging hundreds of files due to command line length limitations. This problem has now been fixed. We have implemented a new command execution mechanism to overcome this limitation and to generally increase flexibility for features we will add in the near future.
- The previewer now destroys the pdfjs webworker when the previewer is closed to release resources.
- The PDF page renderer, which renders all pages of the PDF, now also destroys the pdfjs webworker when all pages have been processed.
Toolbox: Potential toolbox crash fixed
- The PDF thumbnail generator now uses an executor to limit the number of thumbnail generators running in parallel. The toolbox could crash because too many resources were used by massively parallel running thumbnail generators.
The following tools are included in the new PDF Toolbox of PDF24 Creator 11:
- Merge PDF
- Compress PDF
- Edit PDF
- Convert files to pdf
- Convert PDF files to other formats
- PDF to Text
- PDF to HTML
- PDF to JPG
- PDF to PNG
- PDF to PDF, PDF/A-1, PDF/A-2, PDF/A-3
- PDF to Word
- PDF to PowerPoint
- PDF to Excel
- Protect PDF
- Unlock PDF
- Split PDF
- Rotate PDF pages
- Delete PDF pages
- Extract PDF pages
- Sort PDF pages
- Create a PDF from images
- Convert a PDF to images
- Extract images from PDFs
- Create online application as PDF
- Optimize PDF for the Web
- Insert watermark into a PDF
- Insert page numbers into a PDF
- Overlay PDF files
- Compare PDF files
- Sign PDF files
- Annotate PDF files
- Blacken PDF files
- Crop PDF
- Flatten PDF
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware