WebSite-Watcher is a powerful yet simple website-monitoring tool, perfectly suited to the beginner and advanced user alike. If you can work with an email client, you can even work with WebSite-Watcher! The software places you in complete control over what gets checked, when it gets checked, and even how you are notified.
WebSite-Watcher main features:
- Monitor web pages
- Monitor password protected pages
- Monitor forums for new postings and replies
- Monitor PDF/Word/Excel documents
- Monitor binary files
- Monitor local files
- Monitor RSS feeds, Newsgroups and local files
- Highlight changes in a page
- Powerful filter system to ignore unwanted content
- Many more features to stay up-to-date.
Lots of other features:
- Additional actions when updates are detected - For example to play an alternative sound, send emails or open the changed page with another program. You configure the software to work the way you want.
- Powerful Plugin system - Bookmark checks can be enhanced with the integrated Plugin system. For example to monitor a page for a specific price and alert an update only if the price is less than USD 100. Plugins must be written in the programming language Basic. WebSite-Watcher contains an integrated development system, no other tools are required.
- Work with checked pages (Searches, Reports, etc.) - All monitored pages are saved to your hard drive. This allows you to quickly and simply open and view the monitored pages, search text in downloaded files and make reports... all without even having to be online.
- Archive pages permanently - Keep the information you need by archiving pages with our tool Local Website Archive. This can be done automatically via the bookmark properties or manually on demand.
- Synchronize bookmark files - Synchronize bookmarks between computers with the synchronize functionality.
- Backup and Restore - The integrated Backup/Restore feature allows you to backup and restore your settings, bookmarks and downloaded files into/from a zip archive.
WebSite-Watcher 2020 20.0 changelog:
- WebSite-Watcher is now identified as Chrome browser (instead of Internet Explorer). This will help to solve outdated browser messages with various pages.
- WebSite-Watcher supports web pages which are compressed via the Brotli algorithm
- Checking bookmarks with the technology Chromium/Browser runs much smoother and faster now
- Chromium Check-Macros
- Check technology Chromium/Browser automatically blocks ad and tracking scripts, so pages will load faster
- External browser tabs: many internal improvements
- External browser tabs block ad and tracking scripts
- Check-Macros: new user interface and many improvements
- Checking method Chromium/Browser: supports a wider range of pages, especially pages with iframes (it was not always possible to get the html source from iframes)
- Checking method Chromium/Browser: Command to scroll page down improved
- Smaller improvements when checking PDF files with the technology "Chromium / Browser"
- App: New way to add URLs from WebSite-Watcher for Windows to the WebSite-Watcher app (this replaces the old Phone Bookmarks feature)
- App: WebSite-Watcher will communicate with Dropbox directly, the external Dropbox client is no longer required.
- Starting with version 2020, the bookmark property "Ignore updates" no longer causes an error alert after x errors in a row. To get alerts like this, you can use the program tweak "HandleIgnoreUpdateAsError=1"
- The check technology Chromium/Browser can use alternative user agents
- Browser integration: new (chromium based) Microsoft Edge supported
- The option to convert a page into simple HTML format supports embedded images
- Improved Facebook RSS feed conversion: More date formats supported
- Pages that were checked with the check technology "Internet Explorer/Browser" or an Internet Explorer Macro could hang and produce a timeout under certain circumstances
- Scripts: using the result of GetSelectedFolder in compare operations did not work correctly
- RSS/Atom feeds could falsely show an IFRAME hint
- Many smaller improvements
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware