Winaero Tweaker is an an all-in-one customization utility that helps you to tweak Windows in just a few simple clicks. The program includes tweaks for every version of operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Winaero Tweaker automatically detects the version of Windows OS you’re running and shows tweaks and customization options accordingly. The software can be installed as a portable app so you can take it with you as you move from one computer to another.
Here's a partial features list:
- Information - View information about your PC hardware and OS.
- Aero Colors - Change all Windows Aero settings including those which can't be changed with Control Panel.
- Aero Lite - Activate the hidden Aero Lite theme.
- Alt+Tab Appearance - Change hidden secret options of the Alt+Tab dialog.
- Colored Title Bars - Enable colors for window title bars in Windows 10.
- Dark Color Scheme - Here you can enable the dark color scheme for Windows 10 system settings and apps.
- Inactive Title Bars Color - Change the color of inactive title bars in Windows 10.
- Disable Aero Shake - Disable or enable the Aero Shake feature.
- Disable Driver Updates - Turn off driver updates in Windows Update.
- Disable Web Search - Disable Web Search in taskbar and Cortana in Windows 10.
- Disable Action Center - Disable or enable the Action Center feature in Windows 10.
- Disable Live Tiles - Disable Live Tiles all at once for Universal(Metro) apps.
- Activate Windows Photo Viewer - Activate Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10.
- Auto-update Store apps - Disable or enable auto-update of Store apps in Windows 10.
- Disable Cortana - Disable Cortana in Windows 10.
- Disable Windows Defender - Disable Windows Defender in Windows 10.
- Microsoft Edge Download Folder - Change the default download folder in Microsoft Edge.
- Stop Unwanted Apps - Stop unwanted apps Windows installs automatically.
- Windows Defender Tray Icon - Show or hide Windows Defender tray icon.
- App Switcher Hover Timeout - Change the App Switcher hover timeout delay.
- Charms Bar Hover Timeout - Change the Charms Bar hover timeout delay.
- Modern App Closing Options - Speed up closing time of Metro apps for mouse and touch.
- Start Screen Power Button - Show or hide the Power button on the Start screen.
- Disable Telemetry - Prevent Windows 10 from spying on you.
- ... and many more.
Key changes of this release:
- Full support for Windows 10 version 1803
- Get rid of ads in Windows 10, including ads in Settings, Timeline, and People. Winaero Tweaker 0.10 allows disabling them.
- The ability to disable updates and notifications about them in Windows 10. Reliably.
- The ability to disable web search in Windows 10 version 1803
- The option to disable Online and Video Tips in Settings
- The option to change Drag and Drop sensitivity
- The option to add always visible "Run as different user" context menu command to File Explorer and Start Menu
- The option to add a special sign-in message that will appear for all users every time they sign in.
- The option to prevent Windows 10 From deleting the thumbnail cache for image and video files.
- The option to disable the search history in File Explorer
- You can set now the minimum width of taskbar buttons
- Starting with Winaero Tweaker 0.10, there is a new category of options called "Shortcuts". It combines a few previously available options with a new option, "Classic Shutdown Shortcut". Use it to create a shortcut to the classic Shutdown Dialog Windows dialog.
- The option to prevent Malicious Software Removal Tool from Installing is now available under Windows 7.
- Fixed the broken import/export feature for the context menu option "Run command prompt as Administrator".
- The option "Open Registry Key" now opens the Registry Editor when you hit the Enter key in the text box.
- The search result pane and the category view now use double-click to open items.
- Winaero Tweaker now remembers the collapsed state of nodes in the navigation pane between sessions.
Changes in Winaero Tweaker 0.10.1:
- Disables the full-screen nag "You copy of Windows 10 is out of date", which annoys users with updates disabled. This feature is included in the Disable Windows Update option, no extra options were added.
- Some users report that the Windows Update service was not disabled for them using the option above. Now should work for everyone.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware