When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Samsung's stylish new modular ArtPC Pulse with Windows 10 pops up on Amazon

Samsung is preparing to launch a new premium desktop PC that combines high-end audio features with distinctive styling, including 'circular ambient lighting'.

Curiously, Samsung hasn't officially announced its new ArtPC Pulse, but the device is already listed on Amazon.com, as SamMobile spotted.

Two configurations will be offered, both with 6th-generation (Skylake) Intel Core processors, rather than the newest 7th-gen Kaby Lake chips. The Core i5 model comes with 8GB of RAM, and costs $1,199; and the Core i7 version is priced at $1,599, and comes with 16GB of RAM.

Both ArtPC Pulse models come with Windows 10 Home, a 256GB solid-state drive, and a 2GB AMD Radeon RX 460 graphics card. There's a range of ports too, including full-size USB, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio, Ethernet, and HDMI, as well as a full-size SD card slot. They also feature an integrated Harmon Kardon 360-degree, 'omni-directional' speaker unit.

The device features a cylindrical design with aluminum bodywork, and what's referred to as "an exquisite expandable design", allowing you to "attach and remove expansion modules to customize your own system". A 1TB hard drive is listed as one of these optional modules for the Core i5 model, but the Core i7 model includes that module as part of its price.

It's not yet clear which other options might be available as part of the modular ecosystem for the ArtPC Pulse, but we'll no doubt hear more when Samsung formally announces the device. The Amazon listings state that both models will be released on October 28, so it shouldn't be too much longer until we find out more.

Source: ArtPC Pulse - Core i5 / Core i7 (Amazon) via SamMobile

Report a problem with article
Next Article

You can now get up to $150 off certain Surface Pro 4 models - but not for much longer

Previous Article

Apple releases new Developer Betas of iOS 10.1, tvOS 10.0.1, and Xcode 8.1