Avira FREE Antivirus is a reliable free antivirus solution, that constantly and rapidly scans your computer for malicious programs. Monitors every action executed by the user or the operating system and reacts promptly when a malicious program is detected. Lightweight and powerful, Avira Free Antivirus offers Real-Time malware detection, a pop-up blocker, privacy tools and safety ratings for your search results.
Avira AntiVir FREE Antivirus features:
- Control Center for monitoring, managing and controlling the entire program
- Central configuration with user-friendly standard and advanced options and context-sensitive help
- System Scanner (on-demand scan) with profile-controlled and configurable scan for all known types of virus and malware
- Integration into the Windows User Account Control allows you to carry out tasks requiring administrator rights.
- Real-Time Protection (on-access scan) for continuous monitoring of all file access attempts
- Integrated Scheduler for planning one-off or recurring jobs such as updates or scans
- Extremely high virus and malware detection via innovative scanning technology (scan engine) including heuristic scanning method
- Detection of all conventional archive types including detection of nested archives and smart extension detection
- High-performance multithreading function (simultaneous high-speed scanning of multiple files)
- ...and much more.
Avira Antivirus 18.104.22.168 changelog:
- Rework the user interface flow of update in case predictable reboots.
- New Scanner (shell extension scanner) writes specific warnings from AIRS, Engine and LocalDecider into the scanner log file (separate log files for each scan session).
- New Scanner users can scan their EFS-encrypted files.
- Fixed AVIRA IPC Server Multiple Out-of-bounds Write Vulnerabilities.
- Improved process protection for scanui.exe. (It was possible to kill scanui.exe with Process Protection option active).
- Several New Scanner (shell extension scanner) fixes.
- Fixed unresponsive system due to Real-Time Protection re-initialization.
- Fixed possible hanging / frozen system on Windows 10 RS1 if Antivirus is installed.
- Fixed Real-Time Protection crash on Windows 10 RS2.
- Improved IPM handling in special circumstances.