DiskGenius is a full-featured partition manager, which is designed to optimize disk usage for Windows users. It will efficiently help you recover lost data, resize/split partition, backup files, edit hex data, check bad sectors, manage virtual disks, erase data, etc.. Create a system image backup for current Windows with simple clicks to keep the operating system under protection.
DiskGenius key features:
- Partition Management - It can create format, resize, extend, backup, split, hide and clone partition, both MBR and GPT are supported.
- Disk and partition conversion - Convert dynamic disk to basic, convert virtual disk format and convert MBR to GPT, convert primary partition to logical.
- File recovery - It can recover files deleted or emptied form recycle bin, recover files from damaged partition or disk and recover files by file type and supports file preview and file filter.
- Partition recovery - It is the best partition recovery program in that it can recover files from damaged, corrupted and RAW partitions, search for lost partition and recover files from it, besides, it can fix partition table.
- RAID recovery - It can reconstruct Virtual RAID and recover files from it, and all RAID types are supported.
- Sector Editor - A Hex editor is embedded to help users edit raw hex data and recover data manually.
- Backup and Restore - It can backup and restore partition including system partition, hard disk and partition table.
- Bad Tracks - It can check and repair bad sectors for all storage devices; check hard disk S.M.A.R.T. information.
- Delete files permanently - It can delete files permanently so that they can't be recovered by any data recovery software.
- Virtual Disk - It supports virtual disks, including VMware, Virtual PC and Virtual Box.
- Create WinPE bootable disk and you can manage disk partition when system crashes or there is no operating system on your computer.
- Support FAT12/FAT16/FAt32/exFAT/NTFS/EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 file system format.
What's new in DiskGenius 184.108.40.2069:
- Support to migrate Windows to VirtualBox.
- When the software detects that a disk has bad sectors during startup, it will pause loading the disk first, and then prompt the user to manually refresh after it is started.
- A warning mark will be shown on disk icon after the software reads the disk and encounters bad sectors.
- The software will ask whether to save bad sector record if bad sectors are found on a disk while closing the software. After saving the record, the software will not read them repeatedly next time you run the software in case the disk freezes computer.
- Optimize the file copy function and fix known issues.
- Optimize the execution speed of erasing the free space in EXT4 partitions.
- Optimize the file recovery result for NTFS partitions.
- Add the support for file types of Office Visio file (.VSDX), Fujifilm RAW image file (.RAF) and Konica Minolta RAW image file (.MRW).
- Improve the fault tolerance when saving GUID partition table under special circumstances.
- Support to copy selected files of all partitions in one time when you select files of multiple "Recognized" partitions after the software finishes scanning.
- The "View Secure Boot Certificate" function is added to the "Set UEFI Boot Entries" dialog box.
- When cloning LVM disks and dynamic disks, only "Copy all sectors" disk clone mode is available.
- Special characters are allowed to be used when setting volume name.
- The menu item "Deleted or Formatted File Recovery" is changed to" Recover Lost Files".
- Fixed an issue that drive letters were not assigned correctly after resizing partition.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes BSOD or partition missing issue might occur when resizing partition.
- Fixed an issue that in some rare cases resizing partition might stop responding.
- Fixed an issue for Quick Partition function that in some cases partitions could not be created correctly.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes files of EXT4 partition could not be parsed correctly.
- Fixed an issue that files of exFAT partition formatted by MacOS could not be parsed correctly.
- Fixed an issue that data could not be written to hidden partitions.
- Fixed an issue that some CR3 files could not be previewed.
- Fixed an issue that the program might get corrupted during converting virtual disk format.
- Fixed an issue that in some cases the Unlock BitLocker dialog box could not pop up.
- Fixed an issue for sector editor that mouse clicking might damage selected area.
- Fixed an issue that file data might not be correct when writing encrypted files to NTFS partition.
- Fixed an issue for sector editor that in some cases content could not be entered.
- Fixed an issue for File Recovery function that the program might stop responding if clicking the main interface while the program was organizing directory structure.
- Fixed some issues related to interface display.
Download: DiskGenius 220.127.116.119 | 62.0 MB (Freeware, paid upgrade available)
Download: DiskGenius Portable 32-bit | 32.4 MB
Download: DiskGenius Portable 64-bit | 36.2 MB
View: DiskGenius Home Page | DiskGenius Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware