"Everything" is search engine that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on your computer (hence the name "Everything"). You type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed.
"Everything" only indexes file and folder names and generally takes a few seconds to build its database. A fresh install of Windows 10 (about 120,000 files) will take about 1 second to index. 1,000,000 files will take about 1 minute.
"Everything" will run on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 . NTFS indexing requires the Everything service or running "Everything" as administrator.
Everything 184.108.40.2066 changelog:
- Fixed an issue with excluding filenames with 4-byte UTF-8 characters.
- Fixed an issue with -focus-result command line options.
- Fixed an issue with \\.\c: service access
- Fixed an issue with db corruption from duplicated filenames.
- Fixed a corrupt db issue when re-scanning duplicated files.
- Compiled with /DYNAMICBASE
- Compiled with /NXCOMPAT
- Fixed an issue with Ctrl + Tab.
- Fixed issues with starting a rename while there was a mouse capture.
- Fixed issues with the hide_on_close setting.
- Fixed an issue with processing command line options from multiple instances.
- Fixed an issue with copying results to the clipboard.
"Everything" is Freeware. If you use "Everything" in a commercial environment and find it useful a donation would be appreciated.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware