One of the biggest “improvements” that Mozilla claims is the Firefox memory usage, in particular, the vanquishing of memory leaks. Although Firefox memory usage improved a little over the last few years, it still uses a lot of memory; and for this reason Firemin was born. Enter Firemin; simply put, it will attempt to eliminate Firefox memory leaks and decrease the amount of memory Firefox uses.
Firemin comes in two flavors. A setup utility for installing Firemin to your computer and a portable version for running it straight from a memory stick or portable hard drive. The portable version will not write any settings to the registry or leave any traces on your computer.
Firemin 188.8.131.5225 changelog:
- Cleaner optimized code.
- Removed unsupported Win10 AutoIt directive.
- External resource dlls removed. Icons now embedded in exe.
- Improved update notification system with option to disable update checks.
- Added option to manually check for updates to the Help menu.
- Added update animation.
- Added customizable splash delay.
- Added GitHub link to the Help menu to quickly create an issue.
- Added GitHub link on the About Dialog.
- Added Downloads, Contact and Donate links to the Help menu.
- New PayPal.me donation link (PayPal.me/rizonesoft).
- New none-intrusive Donate prompt after a set time. (120 Hours Default)
- The Donate prompt will only be shown once.
- Improved custom Progress Bar.
- Improved About Dialog (New Mouse Hover Effects for Image Buttons).
- Improved Splash Screen (New custom Progress Bar).
- Added Localization (Translations).
- Alt+F4 now closes the program and not Esc. (Safer!)
- Moved Documents to Docs folder.
- Show Settings on First Run.
- More Boost and Limit options.
- Extended Processes moved to Preferences dialog.
- Safe mode command database now working.
- Minor cosmetic changes.
Update: Firemin 184.108.40.20633
- Added Polish Language.
- Fix: Uptime monitor now works.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware