fmedia is a fast asynchronous media player/recorder/converter for Windows, Linux and FreeBSD. It provides smooth playback and recording even if devices are very slow. It's highly customizable and can be easily extended with additional plugins. Its low CPU & memory consumption saves energy when running on a notebook's battery.
Play or convert audio files, record new audio tracks from microphone, save songs from Internet radio, and much more! fmedia is free and open-source project, and you can use it as a standalone application or as a library for your own software.
fmedia can decode: .mp3, .ogg (Vorbis, Opus), .opus, .m4a/.mp4 (AAC, ALAC, MPEG), .mka/.mkv (AAC, ALAC, MPEG, Vorbis), .avi (AAC, MPEG), .aac, .mpc, .flac, .ape, .wv, .wav.
fmedia can encode into: .mp3, .ogg, .opus, .m4a (AAC), .flac, .wav.
fmedia 1.20 changelog:
- --auto-attenuate: Automatically reduce the volume of loud tracks
- new --globcmd commands: next, pause, unpause
- tui: ability to pause/unpause recording with 'Space' key
- GUI: "Repeat: None/Track/All"
- help.txt: Indonesian translation
- GUI-GTK: fix incorrect behaviour on Play/Pause event
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware