fmedia is a fast asynchronous media player/recorder/converter for Windows, Linux and FreeBSD. It provides smooth playback and recording even if devices are very slow. It's highly customizable and can be easily extended with additional plugins. Its low CPU & memory consumption saves energy when running on a notebook's battery.
Play or convert audio files, record new audio tracks from microphone, save songs from Internet radio, and much more! fmedia is free and open-source project, and you can use it as a standalone application or as a library for your own software.
fmedia can decode: .mp3, .ogg (Vorbis, Opus), .opus, .m4a/.mp4 (AAC, ALAC, MPEG), .mka/.mkv (AAC, ALAC, MPEG, Vorbis), .avi (AAC, MPEG), .aac, .mpc, .flac, .ape, .wv, .wav.
fmedia can encode into: .mp3, .ogg, .opus, .m4a (AAC), .flac, .wav.
fmedia 1.29.1 changelog:
- GUI: "Analyze & Show PCM Info" supports .cue tracks
- GUI/Windows: Record dialog: "Enable Dynamic Audio Normalizer" setting
- GUI/Windows: Record dialog: audio format settings didn't work
- GUI/Windows: save/restore the settings for Record & Convert dialogs
- GUI/Windows: couldn't set an empty setting value in Record & Convert dialogs
- GUI/Windows: Convert: seeking on .mp3 didn't work (v1.28 bug)
- core: user config settings from fmedia-user.conf didn't work (v1.25.3beta bug)
- "--until" now works with radio stream sources
- .aac read: fix crash
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware