Google Earth lets you fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, from galaxies in outer space to the canyons of the ocean. You can explore rich geographical content, save your toured places, and share with others.
Some of the most compelling features of Google Earth include:
- Advanced Measurements: Measure parking lots and land developments with polygon area measure, or determine affected radius with circle measure.
- High-resolution printing: Print Images up to 4800x3200 px resolution.
- Exclusive Pro data layers: Demographics, parcels, and traffic count.
- Spreadsheet Import: Ingest up to 2500 addresses at a time, assigning placemarks and style templates in bulk.
- GIS import: Visualize ESRI shapefiles (.shp) and MapInfo (.tab) files.
- Movie-Maker: Export Windows Media and Quicktime HD movies, up to 1920x1080 resolution.
Google Earth Pro brings advanced business tools in addition to all the easy-to-use features and imagery of Google Earth:
- Compute distances and areas using measurement tools
- Use Movie Maker to produce media collateral
- Print high-resolution images for presentations and reports
- Import large vector image files to quickly map GIS data
- Map addresses with the Spreadsheet Importer
Google Earth Pro 7.3.0 release notes:
Beginning with this version, Google Earth "Free" and Earth Pro have been combined into a single product, Earth Pro. In the weeks to come, Earth "Free" users will be automatically upgraded to Earth Pro. Available free of charge since 2015, Earth Pro contains all features found in Earth "Free" and adds features geared towards enthusiasts and GIS professionals: advanced data import capabilities, more sophisticated measurement tools, higher-resolution printing, movie creation, and much more.
Here are a few more highlights of this release:
- New Qt application framework, which enables many of the features below.
- Overhauled networking stack with the latest security updates and encryption support.
- Support for ultra-high-resolution displays.
- Multimedia backend that supports audio recording, playback, and video creation on all platforms.
- A Repair Tool utility that simplifies troubleshooting tasks such as clearing the Earth data cache and resetting preferences.
Version 7.3.0 (3830) fixes a problem with the Linux version, and also a HTTP request issue.