jv16 PowerTools is a PC System Utilities Software that works by cleaning out unneeded files and data, cleaning the Windows registry, automatically fixing system errors and applying optimization to your system.
The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer tool allows you to run the History Cleaner and File Cleaner simultaneously, displaying their results in a single results window. Other tools such as the Startup Optimizer, Registry Compactor and Windows AntiSpy can be activated at once while using the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer tool, depending on your preferences.
Software that contain security vulnerabilities put your computer at great risk, as they can allow other malicious software or users to take control of your computer, which may lead to loss of important files or identity theft. The Check For Vulnerable Software tool scans your computer to look for installed software as well as left-over traces of old software containing known security vulnerabilities.
Windows AntiSpy allows you to disable Windows features that might have implications on your privacy. The tool is designed specifically for Windows 10 but many of its features are also available with other versions of Windows, make their use more private. In addition to privacy relating features, it also allows you to improve the user interface of Windows by adding or removing specific features as well as apply performance related tweaks.
Startup Timer measures the time your computer takes to start up. This tool also measures the impact that all of your automatically starting software have on the system startup to allow you to see exactly what is causing your computer to start slowly.
Pictures AntiSpy allows you to remove private metadata from your picture files. Using this tool you can safely remove private data such as camera model name, GPS location and time and date when the picture was taken and more relating private data from the digital photos for which you do not wish to store this information.
jv16 PowerTools 126.96.36.1998 bug fixes:
- Fix: The Initial Setup may not complete on systems with a lot of installed software.
- Fix: The program can display a “Range check error” relating to function StripGenericStringParts.
- Fix: Cleaning a large amount of errors with the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer can cause the software to show an “Integer overflow” error message.
- Fix: On some systems, the program could show an “Integer overflow” error message relating to GetDirSize function.
- Fix: History Cleaner can show an error about not being able to access a file.
- Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer can get stuck and never complete on some systems.
Improvement: Major improvements the accuracy of detecting installed software and left-overs from the system.
Improvement: The progress bar in the Initial Setup now shows the progress of the operation better and smoother.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware