Express for this update in Back Page News.
R2 includes Windows Server 2003 + SP1 as well as several new components. It will be available in Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Small Business Server and Storage Server editions for x86 and x64.
Components new or updated in R2 include:
- Branch office framework
- Completely redesigned Distributed File System that is more scalable than its predecessor, File Replication Services.
- Remote Differential Compression.
- Print Management Console with new richer view of network printer toplogy.
- Enhanced DFS Namespaces UI
- File Server Resource Manager
- Active Directory Federation Services to share identity over federation trusts.
- Active Directory Application Mode
- Windows Sharepoint Services v2 SP2
- .Net Framework v2
- MMC 3.0 with relibaility enhancements and Whidbey snap-in authoring.
- Subsystem for Unix Applications - Interix Subsystem.
- Unix Identity Management with AD & NIS interoperability.
- Network File System with Unix interoperability.
- Quota Management with directory quotas, storage reports, and file screening.
- Simple SAN Management which allows easy setup and management of simple SAN configurations.
- Common Log File System with ARIES logging support.
New roles : Sharepoint, File Server Role, and Print Server
1 Comment - Add comment