Microsoft's Launcher for Android is getting a new update for those enrolled in the beta program. Version 184.108.40.206885 is the first major update released in 2019, and while there aren't any major new features, there are a few usability improvements on board.
One such improvement is the ability to use long-press shortcuts on icons even when the home screen is locked. Locking the home screen prevents accidental changes, such as moving icons around or adding new ones, but previously, it also blocked users from accessing specific contacts or app features more quickly. There are a few more improvements, though:
- Non-full screen folders for easier one-handed use and large screen devices.
- Microsoft Rewards daily deal card allows you to earn Rewards for using Microsoft Launcher and completing other tasks!
- Long-press shortcuts enabled on icons even when the home screen is locked.
- Customers can send a CPU profile through "Contact Us" in settings in case of performance issues
- Launcher font size will now respect the system font size
The Microsoft Launcher team closed out 2018 with a pretty major update, introducing support for Sticky Notes, To-Do, and much more. This release may not be quite as eye-catching, but the usability improvements it includes are definitely welcome.
If you haven't yet, you can download Microsoft Launcher from the Play Store, and you can also sign up for the beta program through the listing to get the new enhancements right now.