The newest issue of Hobby Consolas, a Spanish gaming magazine, has unveiled lots of new screens and information on the upcoming Legend of Zelda for Game Cube. An editor from the magazine went to Japan had the chance to play three demos of the game, all of which should be shown at E3 this year. Thanks to various forums on the net, we can bring you all of the translated information that we know thus far.
- Link is 16 years old at the beginning of the game, but as time goes on he will grow up.
- In the first demo, you start off in Toaru Village and you can see in the scans that Link is dressed much differently there, kind of like a farmer. This is where the player will go through some tutorials just like Kokiri Forest in Ocarina of Time.
- In the second demo, there was a minigame where the player had to guide a bunch of cows into a stall within a time limit. The writer said it was very fun.
- The writer found the last demo the most impressive. The player had to fight an enemy on horseback in a large field. You could use a sword or a bow to do combat, although the bow now has a limited range. Another fight takes place on a bridge where Link has to joust while on his horse.
- The game controls much like Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. Z-targeting is back (using the L button) and jumping is still automatic.
News source: DSRevolution