Pale Moon is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Android, focusing on efficiency and ease of use. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browsers speed, resource use, stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on proprietary optimized layout engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated
- Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development
- Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom over any elements design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for many Firefox extensions
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Many customization and configuration options
Pale Moon 27.5.1 changelog:
- Changed the default Windows 10 styling when no accent color is aplied to black-on-white.
- Changed the theme styling on Windows 10 when the system window frame is used (menu bar enabled) to use the window manager background directly, preventing visual lag updating the window color when it changes.
- Updated user agent overrides for DropBox, YouTube and Yahoo to work around user agent sniffing issues.
- Fixed a crash in the media subsystem.
- Fixed a regression where video playback hardware acceleration was disabled incorrectly on some systems.
- Updated libhyphen to the latest upstream code to fix a security issue.
- Updated NSPR to 4.16-RTM with a patch to un-bust building on win64.
- Updated NSS to 3.32.1-RTM.
- Worked around some more issues with Mac fonts (CVE-2017-7825).
- Fixed a potential rooting hazard in NPAPI plugin code. DiD "Defense-in-Depth"
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware