PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX - view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 6.7.0 changelog:
- Updated to Pea 0.65
- Updated to 7z 18.06
- Updated to Wolfgang Ehrhardt math libray util_2018-11-27
- can now convert images to Windows icon .ico format
- fixed bug in redundant directory removal in "Extract to new folder"
- fixed bug preventing opening some archives created on Unix systems
- fixed bug showing incorrect file count for displayed archive content in some cases
Extraction and Archiving
- Multiple archiving and extraction tasks are now performed in a signle instance of the graphic launcher, which is easier to hide / move / resize on screen upper progress bar shows progress of the current task, progress bar on the bottom of the form shows overall progress (if multiple tasks are launched)
- Previewing files in archive can now be disallowed - avoids leftover data even in cases of system crash or if the application is forcedly arrested - setting Working path to new option "None (no preview)"
- Command line switch -ext2full remapped to -ext2main, in order to avoid duplication of analogous functions now main program's extraction form is the standard UI for full featured extraction
Windows and Linux installers
- Reduced package size transforming PeaLauncher from standalone executable to form of PeaZip application
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware