Battlefield 1 was one of the most critically acclaimed games of 2016. The game based on the first World War delves into the forgotten stories of the soldiers who took part in the devastating event. It got rave reviews for its gritty storyline, crisp gameplay, and great multiplayer mode, even becoming the best-selling game in its week of release in the UK. Now, Xbox One gamers with a Live Gold subscription can enjoy the game for free this weekend.
The first-person shooter has been a pretty successful venture for EA which provides a 10-hour trial for the game through its EA Access subscription service. Xbox Live Gold subscribers can play this game for free from 9:00 am PST Friday, March 3 until 11:59 pm PST Sunday, March 5.
The game features the following:
- War or an epic scale: Take the battle from the scenic Italian coast to the scorching Arabian deserts
- Four unique main classes: Play as Assault, Medic, Support, or Scout and help out your squad mates
- Play it your way: Find your favorite game mode such as the epic Conquest, the explosive Rush, or the frantic infantry fights that is War Pigeons
- Weapons: Wield standard issue rifles, experimental light machine guns, and long-range sniper rifles. Sidearms, grenades, and gadgets add even more variety
- Vehicles: Jump into light tanks, landships, and motorcycles or take to the skies in biplanes, fighters, or bombers
- Single player: Take on the thrilling War Stories and experience the many different sides of WW1
Additionally, the game will be heavily discounted during this period with Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 1 Deluxe Edition getting a 50% price cut while the Battlefield 1 Ultimate Edition (includes Battlefield 1 Deluxe Edition and Battlefield 1 Premium Pass) will be 40% off on the Xbox Store.
You can download the game by clicking on the Gold Member area on the home dashboard or downloading it directly from the Store once the event begins.
Source: Xbox Wire