A couple of weeks ago, Capcom announced that six original Mega Man games would be coming to Android and iOS soon. It now appears that pre-registration for the smartphone titles is open on the company's website.
Capcom has released the following descriptions of the six Mega Man titles that will be coming to Android and iOS next month:
- Mega Man® Mobile - The evil Dr. Wily must be stopped in this classic action platformer, the original Mega Man!
- Mega Man® 2 Mobile - Dr. Wily resurfaces to threaten the world again! Only Mega Man can stand in his way.
- Mega Man® 3 Mobile - Fight berserk robots on uncharted planets. Mega Man must set a course for space to resolve this mysterious crisis.
- Mega Man® 4 Mobile - A year has passed since Mega Man's battle in space. A new enemy appears -- Dr. Cossack.
- Mega Man® 5 Mobile - Manic robots cause chaos in the city. How is Proto Man involved? Only Mega Man can find out!
- Mega Man® 6 Mobile - The Global Robot Alliance is formed, but this newfound peace is threatened by a new foe -- the enigmatic Mr. X!
The six games will be priced at $1.99 each. This is vastly different from the route that Nintendo opted for when it released Super Mario Run for iOS a few weeks ago. The company released a standalone version for smartphone devices, with the first few levels available for free, and the rest of the game available for a pricey purchase of $9.99.
It will be interesting to see if Capcom enjoys similar success when the games launch next month at relatively low individual price points. You can pre-register for the Mega Man Mobile titles by heading to the company's website.