GnuCash is a personal and small business finance application, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It’s designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. GnuCash allows you to track your income and expenses, reconcile bank accounts, monitor stock portfolios and manage your small business finances. It is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
GnuCash can keep track of your personal finances in as much detail as you prefer. If you are just starting out, use GnuCash to keep track of your checkbook. You may then decide to track cash as well as credit card purchases to better determine where your money is being spent. When you start investing, you can use GnuCash to help monitor your portfolio. Buying a vehicle or a home? GnuCash will help you plan the investment and track loan payments. If your financial records span the globe, GnuCash provides all the multiple-currency support you need.
Between 4.4 and 4.5, the following bugfixes were accomplished:
- Bug 783283 - Multi-Currency payments use wrong date
- Also properly handles the user clicking the cancel button on the transfer dialog. It will now just return to the payment window, waiting for further user input.
- Bug 797621 - GnuCash freezes temporarily and sometimes crashes when selecting Sales Tax Table in Invoices
- Bug 797630 - Check for missing dependencies of 'Get Quotes' to avoid Gnucash crash.
- Bug 797906 - GnuCash data file is locked after a "save-as" to mysql database.
- It's more general, any save-as to a different backend type, i.e. xml->sql or sql->xml, left the previous book locked.
- Bug 797924 - Crash when searching for customer to process payment.
- Bug 797997 - File gnucash could note be found
- On Microsoft Windows when run from a CMD shell and passing a path that contains non-ASCII characters.
- Bug 798019 - Currency rates in OFX file are ignored
- Use currency_rate information from OFX file if available. Requires LibOFX v 0.10.0 or later.
- Bug 798044 - Adding splits to a lot is extremely slow
- Bug 798060 - Invoices are missing on Customer report after upgrade
- Bug 798070 - Opening balance does not update when creating account from Account Hierarchy
- Bug 798078 - Report 'Income Chart' prints stacktrace when end date before start date
- Bug 798085 - Incorrect transactions import of entires with large number amount
- Quicken 2005 introduces U amount which sometimes differs from T amount. U amount has larger range, and must override T amount whenever they're not equal.
- Bug 798093 - Changing the symbol/abbreviation of a security after the trading account was created breaks GnuCash.
- Makes it possible for the user to rename trading accounts or securities independent of each other.
- Bug 798096 - can't duplicate TX previous to red line threshold
- Bug 798098 - Crash popup show when have 3 Windows in OSX
- Bug 798100 - Equity totals calculating incorrectly
- Prevents creation of non-currency opening balance accounts.
- Bug 798101 - Do not #undef __STRICT_ANSI__
- Remove defines and undefines for Windows, they were needed with MinGW classic but are not with MinGW-w64.
- Bug 798104 - Menu item for "Import Account" is wrong in danish
- Bug 798112 - An error occurred while processing mysql ...
- A "Feature" of MYSQL is that it allows C-style backslash escapes in string constants and replaces them with the actual character (e.g. \n is converted to 0x0a). This causes round trip problems if the escape is one of the allowed ones and a MYSQL error if it isn't. Disable the feature so that MYSQL follows the SQL standard.
- Bug 798132 - Invoice Importing crashes when importing low quantity values.
- Bug 798135 - GtkEntry text with search list: shows selected entry again for no reason
- Bug 798147 - Notes entry crashes program
- Bug 798149 - CSV transaction Import setting loses account name if it is changed after setting is memorized
- Account guid is saved as well as the full account name and when recalled the account is looked up first by guid, if this fails the full account name is checked which if successful immediately updates the saved base account setting with the account guid for future use. If unsuccessful the account combo is blank with a error message as before. When save CSV settings button is used, both the Guid and full paths are saved so previous versions can still use the full path as before.
- Bug 798150 - Error on report over time
- Caused by incorrect handling of Daylight Savings beginning at midnight.
- Bug 798154 - Tooltips wrong when multiple charts in one report
For a complete list of new features and other changes see the Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware