Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkeys Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Toms Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
mp3Tag 2.91 changelog:
- FIX: Tag Panel sometimes auto-scrolled to the control that had the focus when activated. (#42206)
- FIX: Discogs artist and albumartist were wrong for releases where albumartist consists of multiple artists. (#43641)
- CHG: modified default file-view columns to display multiple values via $meta_sep(field,\\) on new installs. (#43651)
- FIX: reverted fix for multiple occurrences of a mapped field with identical values were displayed as one. (#43607, #11432)
- FIX: improved Tag-Panel scrolling behavior when docked horizontally. (#43560)
- NEW: CDG files are now renamed with corresponding WMA files. (#43547)
- FIX: CDG files were not renamed with corresponding MP3 files anymore (since v2.90e). (#43605)
- FIX: tag source commands else and elseif were treated case-sensitive. #43622
- FIX: multiple occurrences of a mapped field with identical values were displayed as one. (#11432)
- FIX: action replace with regular expressions combined two consecutive dollar signs to one. (#11970)
- CHG: scripting language combined two consecutive dollar signs to one.
- CHG: improved display of window caption for Tag Sources search-by dialog. (#43324)
- CHG: extended number of actions possibly displayed in actions pop-up menu.
- FIX: converter 'Filename - Filename' used new directory of previous file in sequence, even if no new directory was computed for current file. (#11568)
- FIX: data in ID3v2 UFID frames was interpreted as UTF-8 in some cases. (#4062, #15567)
- FIX: auto-complete for Tag-Panel fields failed in some special cases. (#9114)
- CHG: improved handling of FLAC files with multiple METADATA_BLOCK_VORBIS_COMMENT blocks. (#9155, #10481, #43535)
- CHG: improved writing performance for Opus files. (#43420)
- LNG: updated Bulgarian, Czech, and Turkish language files.
- CHG: renamed Tag-Panel field sizes to large, medium, and small. (#40873)
- NEW: added default value configuration for Tag Panel fields that is used when multiple files are selected.
- CHG: MP4 desc atom is now mapped to DESCRIPTION instead of SUBTITLE to improve compatibility with other software. (#43507)
- FIX: files and directories passed via command line to an existing instance were always added. (#43407)
- CHG: non-audio files are now ignored from tag writing processes. (#43487)
- FIX: files without extension were added to file list if loaded via drag'n'drop or command line. (#19223, #43480)
- FIX: icons for non-audio files used audio-file icon in file list. (#43480)
- FIX: auto-numbering wizard did not use given total count of tracks to determine number of leading zeros. (#43120)
- FIX: configuration file was not written in some cases if the session was ended through Windows. (#42287, #42331, #42800)
- FIX: field MOVEMENTTOTAL was written at subtrack level and is now written at the parent track level for Matroska.
- NEW: added copy, cut and paste for individual fields to extended tag dialog. (#19495, #40816, #41151)
- FIX: tag sources framework function 'json_select_array' did not convert UTF-8 encoded data correctly. (#43228)
- CHG: various UI color changes for improved usability under Windows high-contrast mode and dark themes.
- CHG: improved command line parser so that multiple file paths and folder paths are now supported.
- FIX: MusicBrainz tag source omitted joinphrases for featuring artists. (#43073)
- CHG: improved sorting behavior at list of user-defined tools. (#43054)
- FIX: status bar and tag panel lists showed data from previous selection in some cases. (#43035)
Download: Mp3tag 2.91 | Windows 10 App | 3.5 MB (Freeware)
Link: Mp3tag Homepage
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment