Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 8.5.3 changelog:
- Fix session file data loss issue.
- Fix Explorer context menu "Edit with Notepad++" needs restarting os to appear issue under Win 8/10.
- Fix Explorer context menu "Edit with Notepad++" not installed for multiple users issue.
- Fix Explorer context menu "Edit with Notepad++" double entries in some applications (Winzip).
- Make Explorer context menu "Edit with Notepad++" translatable.
- Add the UTF8 character ability for Run & Macro menu.
- Add hide/show ability of Control Characters (C0 & C1) and Unicode EOL.
- Fix Change history margin in black color issue.
- Improve "Remove consecutive duplicate lines" command performance.
- Project Workspace "Save a Copy As" confusion issue.
- Make "Remove consecutive duplicate lines" support more line break.
- Fix UDL deletion issue.
- Fix RTL not working on FindInFiles progress window.
- Fix search results output alignment for large file searches.
- Several GUI Enhancements.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware