Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ v8.5.7 bug-fixes and new features:
- Fix 4 security issues CVE-2023-40031, CVE-2023-40036, CVE-2023-40164 & CVE-2023-40166. (Fix #14073)
- Security enhancement: Sign uninstall.exe. (Fix #14099)
- Change the slogan in installer. (Fix #14052)
- Fix eventual memory leak while reading Utf8-16 files. (Fix #4120, #5806, #4443)
- Fix dragging tab performance issue while Document List is displayed. (Fix #13479, #12632)
- Add supperss 2GB file warning option for x64. (Fix #14055)
- Fix cloned document disassociated issue after Notepad++ being relaunched. (Fix #10266)
- Fix session file saving problem if it’s read-only. (Fix #14024, #13894, #13859)
- Fix activating wrong file(s) issue after loading session file. (Fix #14006)
- Fix product version value displayed in file’s properties. (Fix #14010, #11886, #11431)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware