AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp).
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the players main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so its easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the players functionality.
AIMP 5.02 Build 2361 Beta changelog:
- General: an ability to search by app settings
- Audio Converter: cache for I/O operations
- Sound engine: TAK decoder has been updated
- Player: the "track repeat" option now takes precedence over the "jump to next track" option
- Player: album arts cache system has been redesigned
- Skin engine: compatibility with old skins has been improved
- Core: internal classes and functions optimisation
- Plugins: MyClouds - support for changes in API of DropBox service
- Plugins: scheduler - start playback action - added the "start from beginning" option
- Fixed: general - unable to install plugin package if one of files in package has invalid encoding
- Fixed: skin engine - minor issues were fixed
- Fixed: default skin - the "clear search box" button does not work in grouping tree pane
- Fixed: plugins - information bar - unable to show the bar via hot key if all "show XXX" options are switched off
- Fixed: plugins - scheduler - the date and time of the event repetition calculates incorrectly in certain cases if the event was triggered at the moment the PC was woken up
- Fixed: plugins - scheduler - countdown timer shows incorrect data if more than a day is left
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware