The fourth driver of the month for AMD graphics cards landed today, with the company pushing out the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.4 driver. This weekly release arrives with support for Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft III: Reforged as well as Journey to the Savage Planet from Typhoon Studios. Both games are slated to launch tomorrow, January 28.
Although AMD didn't go into detail on what sort of improvements the driver carries for Journey to the Savage Planet, it said the Warcraft III remaster should perform better by up to 11% on this release compared to last week's 20.1.3 driver. The testing was done on an RX 5700 XT using the high preset, with the FPS jumping from 211.1 on the old driver to 234.9 on the newer one.
As is usually the case, AMD has included bug fixes in this driver:
- Red Dead Redemption 2™ may experience square or blocky textures on some terrain during gameplay when using Vulkan® API.
- Some Vulkan® API games may experience a crash or application hang when performing a task switch while Radeon Image Sharpening is enabled.
- Text overflow is observed in toast messages for some languages.
- Radeon ReLive may fail to switch recording to desktop when Radeon Software is open.
- Grand Theft Auto™ 5 may experience a system hang or black screen at launch, when opening Radeon Overlay while in game, or after performing a task switch while in game.
- Audio may intermittently be missing from Radeon ReLive recordings near the end of recorded clips.
- Integer Scaling option is not showing up or available on some Windows®7 system configurations.
Here are the known issues that the company is working on resolving:
- A loss of display with working audio may be experienced on a limited number of displays when performing a mode change on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- A system crash or hang may occur when running the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers™ benchmark.
- Integer Scaling may cause some video content to show flicker when the display resolution is set to less than native resolution.
- Multiple games may have very dark or very bright graphics in game when HDR is enabled in Windows®.
- Radeon Anti-Lag enable and disable beep notifications may be played in error when individually pressing keys assigned to the hotkey.
- The Radeon Software Overlay hotkey notification may sometimes be displayed during video playback in web browsers or launching some video player applications.
- Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
- Some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics users may intermittently experience a black screen while gaming or on desktop. A potential temporary workaround is disabling hardware acceleration in applications running in the background such as web browsers or Discord.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.4 driver is now available to download on its official release notes page. The AMD Software app on Windows is also an option for upgrading to this driver.